More TAG Than A Middle School Dance
tagged me on yet another cool-seeming game. Let's see how I feel by game's end.
1) Would you bungee jump?
No. I used to lie to myself and say that I totally would
, but no.
2) If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be?
Teach. In an environment that was progressive without being full of crap. And standardized tests were used as fodder for art projects. Or toilet paper.
3) Your favorite fictional animal?
This question is bizarre. I wish animals could really talk, like in cartoons or Mr. Ed.
4) One person who never fails to make you laugh?http://beyondtheself.blogspot.com/
His blog shows his more serious side, which also kicks ass. He's the one who taught me that nothing is ever closed if you have a hammer.
5) When you were 12 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Normal. Look how well that didn't turn out for me.
6) What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Pay the hooker, then make breakfast.
Actually I douse my eyes with eye drops, then guzzle down half a glass of water. Do you think there is something wrong with me?
7) Have you ever gone to therapy?
No. I've never been brave enough. Well, once I went to one of my parents' marriage counseling sessions. It was awkward.
8) If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Evie on "Out of this World" could freeze time by touching her index fingers together. I'd like to be able to do that.
9) What is your favorite cartoon character?
Brak. He reminds me of college.
10) Do you go to church?
I started going to a Unitarian Church last year, but then I stopped.
11) What is your best childhood memory?
Any of the many times we made each other laugh until we could barely breathe.
12) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Outdated? No. Abused? Yes. Especially for political purposes. Fuck those jerks.
13) Do you own a gun?
No. Even staple guns scare me.
14) Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
Yes. I smacked around my friend Rihaz on the school bus in middle school, because he put hot curry powder on the apple I was eating when I wasn't looking, and when my lips started to tingle he laughed and said, "Now you will have the runs!"
15) Have you ever sung in front of a large group of people?
In high school and college I did musical theatre, so yes. Since then it's been limited to group renditions of "I Touch Myself" at karaoke nights. Sigh.
16) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Their eyes, but this question makes me feel cheesy.
17) What is your biggest mistake?
A wise woman I know says regret is a wasted emotion. If I had things to do over, though, I'd try to be more honest with a lot of people. Including myself. It would have been a big time-saver.
18) Say something totally random about yourself.
I am afraid of people dressed up as characters so you can't see their faces (Mickey Mouse, The Easter Bunny, etc). And I dislike the smell of toast.
19) Has anyone ever said that you looked like a celebrity?
When I was younger it was Meryl Streep (I have high cheekbones and was blond).
Later it was Winona Ryder (when she did Edward Scissorhands--
I was still blond).
More recently, as my hair has gotten darker and I've been wearing dark-framed glasses, it's been Tina Fey.
20) What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
This survey is very heterocentric. I had one guy write me a song, and another write me a poem. They're both long gone. This one listens to me--really listens--which is more romantic than anything else I could ask for.
21) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
It depends on the person. I am actually boring myself as I write this, so thanks for sticking it out.