In Her Shell
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
  Promises Promises
I told Dale a while ago that I would play the movie game. Between hospitals, sad news, happier things, and directing the fall play at school, my mind did lose it. So here, at long last, is my best go.

1. Popcorn or candy? Junior Mints. Popcorn inevitably sticks in my throat.

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever. Capote. But it's the next movie on my Netflix list.

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar. Who loses theirs and to whom do you give one? I have to go with Coaster Punchman on this one, nabbing from Gwyneth and giving to Cate, who rocks much much harder.

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.


Ha! Honestly, I don't know what to say about this one.

5. Your favorite film franchise is.... Uh. I generally don't go in for that. I got all stoked for the first Harry Potter movie and it disappointed me greatly.

6. Invite five living movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?

Ed Norton. Because he is so freaking hot. Part of it is his talent, and part is his paleness and gawkiness. But I suspect that he's kind of full of himself, so we'd need someone to bring him down a few pegs. I'm guessing that would be

Natalie Portman. She pisses me off because I don't necessarily think she's a great actress, and I think she gets way more credit than she deserves, but she is very smart and seems like an interesting dinner guest. And to offset her refined grace, let's have

Bill Murray. Because he is damn funny. Again, probably an asshole. So I am stealing from Dale's party for a damn funny woman who would not let Bill get away with anything:

Amy Sedaris. This means Hapabukbuk will also have to be invited. And even though HB is a movie star in my book, I still get one technical "movie person," who will be

Edie Falco. I know she's primarily known for that Jersey mob show, but the chick can seriously act and from interviews, comes across as someone who would hold her own at the table and also help with the dishes over a glass of wine.

I'd order from the local cajun barbeque place and also from the Chinese restaurant for the requisite veggie dishes. Natalie and Ed could argue about world politics, Edie could get Bill to open up about his feelings, and Amy and I could make fun of them all.

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cellphones in the movie theater? This has never happened to me. People just flat-out talking to each other as if they are in their own living rooms and no one else exists are a bigger problem and should be confined to their own living rooms until they acknowledge that other people exist.

8. Choose a male and a female bodyguard from a film: The Man in Black from The Princess Bride and the PowerPuff Girls.

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie? I wish I had something clever to say, but frankly, the first ten minutes of The Lost Boys freaked me out so much when it first came out that I've never been able to watch the whole thing.

10. Your favorite genre (excluding "comedy" and "drama") is....Anything Wes Anderson does.

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power? Girl characters get to save boys, and/or girls, have sex without being "punished" for it, and the term "chick flick" loses its condescending overtones and becomes the biggest box office opener. For a much more thorough and entertaining take on this question, please refer to Coaster Punchman's World.

That's it for me, for now. Maybe I could actually go and see a movie in a theatre one of these days... In the meantime, HB and JAG, get on this one...
 
Comments:
I love Junior Mints. And Ghost World too!
 
Why would they exclude "drama" and "comedy" but not "dramedy?"

xoxo,
Mombi
 
Mombi: Heh. You'll have to ask Dale about that one.

And CP: Of course you do!
 
It wasn't me Wonderturtle & Mombi, although someone did answer dramedy in their answers.

For posting the Thora Birch photo and Amy Sedaris, I hereby declare you a citizen of my world. Now dance like Thora did at the opening of GW!

Nice answers, I'm glad you did it.
 
I discovered how to mix up a "junior mint" drink tonight--hot cocoa with creme de menthe. Kinda like a peppermint patty, minus the pepper.

Just thought I'd share the love.
 
Dale: So demanding! But thanks.

Mombi: Damn, that sounds good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:

In a move that seems to amuse only me, I pull lines from the blogs I hit on the Next Blog button, and arrange them into found poem form.



April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / August 2010 / April 2011 /


Powered by Blogger